Wednesday, November 25, 2009

EV Dashboard

EV Dashboard is a Windows Mobile application that also runs on a Windows CE 5.0 based dash mounted GPS device like the one below.

This is a GPS touchscreen from dealextreme.com. Notice the catchy phrase on the side. It also says "Very Good Very Powerful" across the top.



After finding the time over a couple weeks to connect the Paktrakr up to the TS cells I was able to get the EV Dashboard connected. There were only a few differences between my test data and the live data from the Paktrakr so I only had a few tweaks to the display. I'll mount it in the car next.

It is pretty easy to see that cell 7 on Remote 4 is under charged. (I haven't activated the cells yet). There are 45 cells (20 in the trunk and 25 up front) and Remote 3 has only 5 cells on it and is split with 4 in the back and 1 under the hood. This required a single wire strung back to the remote in the trunk. Also, the remote's lead is not quite long enough so Ken Hall from Paktrakr is making an extension.

Here is the setup tab. You can select the battery type, select logging to the SD card and run back your data in simulation mode.




Contact me if you are interested in using the EV Dashboard. I'll can just send you the beta bits. Also let me know if you can build a low power bluetooth serial cable for the Paktrakr. That would save some power and $ for the IOGEAR Serial to Bluetooth adapter and DC adapter and it would be a more elegant solution. This previous post has some setup details.

No comments:

Post a Comment