Sunday, October 25, 2009

Vacuum brake pump

This vacuum system is from evsource, which claims it is quiet. I found a good place for the pump and tank and hooked it up. The instructions are very good. It ran for about 40 seconds, was super loud, and then shut off because the vacuum had been reached. So far so good. Then when I hit the brake pedal it turned on again and didn't shut off. Something is wrong. I had to disconnect it from the battery to get it to stop running. They are sending me a new system. Hopefully that will work.

The noise might be a big problem. This pump is rated at 72 db. There is a pump at metricmind.com that is rated at 50db, which might be the ticket.

3 comments:

  1. This is a link to a Summit Racing steel vacuum reservoir with a check valve for $34.95. This is the reservoir sold with the evsource and evcomponents kits. There is also an aluminum one for $51.95 and gauges that fit.

    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1464/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now EVSource said that I had to return the kit and they would check it out to see what the problem was and decide on refund/return options. Not so hot customer service if you ask me. They have my money and I have nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVSource agreed to give me a full refund for the kit but didn't agree to pay return shipping so only a little bit lost on that, plus a couple hours of wiring.

    ReplyDelete