Saturday, February 21, 2009

Radio - comedy of errors

This bad boy didn't have a radio when we hauled it back here, just a mess of wires. But not to worry, my father-in-law had an old one we could put in there. So, when I picked it up, it was old, ancient, history, passed on. I tried to get a plug at a local car audio place and they said "no way, we just threw out 40 radios yesterday". Five minutes later I'm dumpster divin' for a honda with a plug to match the wiring. Well, I found a radio but no plug. So, a few minutes on ebay and a $1 + $5 shipping (ironic) and a few days later I'm in business.

So, Zach and I hook up the power and ... "CODE" flashes on the radio. After trying a few random attempts, we give up. The next day, I call Honda with the serial number and they give me the code, which works. That's a pretty hot theft prevention program! Anyway, the code works and ... no sound. So I check the speakers and they aren't there. After a few calls, I'm laughing all the way to Walmart for a $20 pair of 5.25 speakers that are good enough to Rock!

1 comment: