Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Coupler and Adapter plate

This is a lovejoy L110 connector for the coupler and a sheet of 6061 Aluminum for the adapter plate. I've printed out a plan from http://metricmind.com and traced it onto a plywood sheet for a mockup of the adapter plate. With the holes drilled, it only need a little trimming around the bellhousing mount and the transaxle. So I started in on the aluminum, which I got from a local welding shop for $75. I noticed a few metal shops on ebay selling the same thing for in the neighborhood of $15 plus shipping.

To cut the plate I used a hand held electric jigsaw and a 24TPI (tooth per inch) metal blade. The 24TPI blade created a really smooth cut and WD-40 worked great for cutting oil, very light. A friend has a drill press to cut the holes and center hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment